As a result of the training program bachelor preparation “Public Management and Administration” of the students formed the following competencies:
- The capacity for analysis and evaluation of socio-economic processes and phenomena in the social environment and implementing professional activities.
- The ability to assimilate and demonstrate professional knowledge and understandings, acquisition of skills, solving specific problems and solve problems in a professional field.
- Ability to organization and planning of professional activities in accordance with defined strategic benchmarks.
- Ability to professional (oral and written) communication business in Ukrainian.
- The ability to master a foreign language at the level of professional communication on the subject of the main activities.
- Ability to work with specialized information, including the global electronic networks.
- Ability to justify management decisions and ensure their implementation capacity and legitimacy.
- The ability to acquire and effectively use interpersonal skills, team work and establish effective cooperation in the team.
- Capacity for criticism and self-criticism in fulfilling their duties.
- Ability to interdisciplinary collaboration, establishing and implementing communication activities with the environment, communicate with experts in other fields.
- The ability to harmonious combination of perception and evaluation of nature, society and spiritual culture, consider social phenomena in the development and specific historical conditions.
- The ability to operate from a position of social responsibility to take an active life and citizenship, develop leadership skills.
- The capacity for continuous learning and self-development, independent and autonomous work, using a systematic approach to the development and implementation of projects.
- Ability to worry about money, carry out professional activities in accordance with the quality standards.
- The ability to adapt to new situations in professional activity, be proactive and creative, generate and articulate new ideas and justify their relevance.
- The ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of public administration theory, theory of law, economic theory.
- The ability to analyze and synthesize information on the development and implementation of the development strategy of the state, region, area.
- The ability to assess the impact on the functioning of the state macro, industry, public authority or organization (institution).
- The ability to process initial information, identify common trends and opportunities of public organizations in the social environment.
- The ability to define the mission, predict and plan goals and objectives of public organizations and departments.
- Ability to organizational design, identify needs and provide a balance of public resources.
- The ability to administer the process of recruitment, selection, promotion and incentives for staff of public organizations.
- Ability to effectively organize group work and public organizations to form an interdisciplinary team.
- The ability to organize the activities of the public administration using the approaches and principles of strategic planning, evaluation criteria of effectiveness and efficiency, taking into account environmental conditions and internal factors of.
- The ability to organize and develop measures to introduce e-governance in various areas of public administration.
- The ability to provide effective communication of the public with the environment.
- The ability to monitor the implementation of decisions and ensuring executive discipline in public organizations.
- To be able to identify indicators of economic and social development at the territory, industry and relevant economic structures and enterprises.
- The ability to cover the activities of public management and administration, the media and various institutions of civil society.
- The ability to make management decisions to modernize management approaches using European and national experience.
- The ability to use modern technology public relations for the rapid and optimal solution of problems of public management and administration.
- Ability to develop proposals to improve the organizational structure and functioning of local authorities as part of the system of democratic governance by analyzing public sector institutional structures of European countries and Ukraine.
- Ability to propose and implement measures for the implementation of the best forms and methods of the public administration, based on the content of public-management technologies and mechanisms of civil society.
- The ability to provide expertise Political and legal documents, programs, political texts and statements of a political nature, using methods of political analysis, based on their content.
- Ability to build communication with citizens, colleagues, managers and subordinates with respect compliance requirements of culture and ethics of public administration and service etiquette, including using methods of detection, prevention and conflict of interest.
- The ability to use search engines EU, Ukraine and the world to gather information to prepare policy documents, making in the field of European integration, analysis of compliance of normative legal acts of Ukraine with the EU.
Program learning outcomes:
- Collect, analyze, use, manage, provide value and interpret information on the development and implementation of the development strategy of the state, region, sector during professional activities.
- To design and build a team, to acquire and use interpersonal skills to work smoothly and efficiently, establish effective interaction in the team.
- Identify the characteristics and impacts of macro evaluate the functioning of the state, industry, public authorities organizations to establish a link between their activities according to management levels.
- Develop measures to organize the process of recruitment, selection, promotion and promotion of public personnel in the performance of professional activities.
- Prepare draft decisions and argue the need to ensure their adoption, to control the execution of a public organization.
The program bachelor training in public management and administration, NTUU “KPI” involves mastering professional knowledge in the following:
- understanding of the philosophical foundations of democratic governance;
- institutional understanding of state and society;
- understanding the basics of macroeconomics and economic policy;
- understanding the principles of the political process;
- understanding of the fundamentals of policy and decision making;
- understanding the principles of public service and management personnel;
- understanding the value of information and information technology in public governance;
- understanding the nature of public finance, principles of budgeting and financial management;
- understanding the principles of strategic management in public organizations;
- understanding of the principles of good governance in the relationship of public administration with citizens;
- understanding the foreign policy aspects of policy;
- understanding the foreign aspects of public administration;
- understanding European public administration standards and principles of European integration;
- understanding the values and principles of public communication and interaction with the public;
- understanding the meaning and principles of judicial review of public administration;
- understanding of the principles of law, rule-making and legal instruments;
- understanding the principles of local and regional development.
Cognitive Abilities and Skills of Specialists in Public Management and Administration:
- the ability to explore and analyze regulations, statistical and financial information of public character;
- the ability to critically assess and forecast political, economic, environmental, cultural and other events and phenomena;
- ability to analyze and predict the impact of public administration in society;
- ability to make and formulate public administrative decisions;
- the ability to anticipate challenges and take responsibility for decisions.
Practical Skills of Specialists in Public Management and Administration:
- skills perceptions and building economic models;
- skills drafting of policy decisions;
- skills management;
- skills in applying information technology to the needs of public administration;
- skills in budgeting and financial management;
- strategic management skills;
- skills of public communication and interaction with the public;
- skills of law enforcement and judicial rule-making technology.
- ability to prepare and conduct public presentations in classrooms of all types;
- ability to work professionally with modern computers;
- ability to apply knowledge in practice;
- capacity for self-learning and continuing professional development;
- communication skills, including oral and written communication in Ukrainian;
- skills of interaction with others, ability to work in teams, conflict management and stress management;
- ability to organize their activities and effectively manage time.